Six Aruba mobility controllers are distributed throughout campus in order to distribute the load evenly among the controllers. The controllers are on generator-backed power, are in different physical and logical portions of the network, and are providing redundancy for each other. The status of each controller is given below.
- Powell-Booth - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
- Moore - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
- Broad - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
- S. Mudd - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
- Sherman Fairchild Library - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
- Cahill - Controller is installed, powered up and configured.
The table below represents our best estimate of how we will proceed to install the necessary infrastructure throughout campus. This is intended as a guideline only and is not a commitment to perform the work at the indicated time. It is subject to change without notice.
|Sherman Fairchild Library (SFL)|
|IMSS - 263 Chester|
|Chandler Dining Hall|
|S. Mudd Laboratory|
|Center for Student Services|
|Einstein Papers Project|
|Industrial Relations Center|
|Catalina Rec. Rooms|
|Admissions (Steele House)|
|Central Engineering Services|
|Physical Plant Shops|
|Keith Spalding Building|
|Young Health Center|
|Beckman Lab (BBB)|
|N. Mudd Lab|
|Audio Visual Services|
|Public Events Office|
|Public Events (DCAA building)|
|Public Events Office Annex|
|President's Events House|
|USGS House N.|
|USGS House S.|
(1) Cable Installed has multiple values depending on the status of the installation. Values are:
Floor plans and wireless access point locations have yet to be identified.
Wireless access point locations are identified and floor plans provided to the Caltech Electric Shop for installation.
Network cabling is being installed to support the wireless access points.
Network cabling necessary to support wireless access points for the building is installed, terminated and tested.
- Satellite Plant has coverage only in the lower, office and shop floors
- Keith Spalding has coverage only on the first floor and basement
- Guggenheim has coverage only on the lower floors due to on-going construction on the upper floors; it will be completed after construction finishes
- Watson NW upper floor will have coverage when the new wiring closet is built