OneDrive for Business sync is a client application that lets you synchronize your documents and other SharePoint team site documents with your local device.
To download and install:
Windows 7 & 8.x:
- The OneDrive for Business sync client comes installed with Office 2013
- To install the sync client without Office 2013, open a browser andlogin to Office 365
- Click the Office 365 Settings menu (i.e. the "wheel" iconin the upper right of the Office 365 title bar) and select "Office 365 Settings" from the listed options
- On the Office 365 Settings page, select "Software," then "OneDrive" from the listed options
- Click the "Install" button to install the OneDrive for Business sync app. Note that the 32-bit app is recommended even if you're using a 64-bit Windows OS.
- Visit your personal OneDrive for Business or any SharePoint 2013 or Office 365 team site document library and click the Sync button to sync the site.
- The OneDrive for Business Mac sync client can be downloaded here. Configuration instructions are also provided on this link.
- Download the OneDrive app from the Apple App Store
Note that selective syncronization of files and folders is not currently supported with eithersync client, butthis feature isexpected to be added sometime in 2016.If you prefer not to sync all of your OneDrive for Business files to your local PC/Mac, but like the convenience of the sync client, you can also mount OneDrive for Business as a mapped drive. Instructions to mount OneDrive for Business as a mapped drive can be found here.