I noticed that IMSS offers Box and OneDrive for Business which seem like similar services. What's the difference?
- Box and OneDrive for Business are similar in many ways, but they also offer different strengths. Here's a comparison overview.
What happens to my Box account after leaving Caltech?
- Students: Upon leaving, students will be able to keep their 50GB Box account
- Staff: Users will have a grace period to transfer files to a personal Box account
How can I get unlimited Box storage space?
- Faculty and Staff are eligible for unlimited storage. By default, Box storage is 50GB. To request unlimited storage, please submit a request to https://help.caltech.edu (request type IMSS > Data Storage & Backup > Request Additional File Storage > Box).
- Students are ineligible for unlimited storage
What file types are supported by Box's Content Preview?
- Content Preview supports viewing the following file types sized 500MB or smaller. More at https://community.box.com/t5/Managing-Your-Content/What-file-types-are-supported-by-Box-s-Content-Preview/ta-p/327
Which File Types Are Ignored Or Blocked In Box Sync?
- Box Sync will not sync files that it ignores or blocks. Ignored files are files that are invisible in Windows Explorer or Finder, such as temporary or system files. Blocked files are file types that Box Sync does not recognize. More at https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Sync/Which-File-Types-Are-Ignored-Or-Blocked-In-Box-Sync/ta-p/117
Where can I get training and support?