Mounting OneDrive for Business as a Mapped Drive
OneDrive for Business, while often used as a web service or with the sync client, can also be used as a mapped drive. This is especially useful for customers that prefer not to sync all of their OneDrive for Business files to their local PC/Mac. Instructions to mount OneDrive for Business as a mapped drive:
- Add https://caltech-my.sharepoint.com to the Intranet sites in Internet Explorer.
- Select the Keep me signed in check box when you sign in to your Office 365 account.
- After signing to Office 365, navigate to OneDrive for Business, and copy the URL. It should be https://caltech-my.sharepoint.com/personal/USERNAME_caltech_edu/documents/ where USERNAME = your access.caltech username.
- Right-click the Computer icon from your Windows desktop, and then click Map Network Drive.
- Select a Drive and then paste the URL you copied before in the Folder input box.
- Make sure the check boxes of Reconnect at sign-in and Connect using different credentials are selected, and then click Finish.
- When you are prompted to enter your credentials, use USERNAME@caltech.edu where USERNAME = your access.caltech username, and then Click OK.
- You should now have a mapped drive to your OneDrive for Business file store.