IMSS offers VPN service to connect to the campus network from an off-campus location. By connecting to the Caltech network from a remote location you will have access to all of the resources that you would have from campus. Caltech VPN uses Cisco's next generation AnyConnect SSL-VPN client.
- Full 64 bit Windows7 and Vista support.
- Uses SSL protocol, very similar to a web browser. Users who travel should not have to worry about VPN service being denied because of restrictive network policies
- Installation is done through a web browser. There's no need to download a distribution package and install it.
- Updates are automatic. When a new version is released, the next time you log in, the update will be applied.
- The AnyConnect client is less intrusive to the operating system. It does not require a reboot after installation, and can co-exist with other vpn clients
- Policies from other institutions can be used with AnyConnect
- No special configuration for Network Address Translation.
- Users should find connections more stable
How to Use the Caltech VPN (AnyConnect) Client
Users can install the Caltech VPN client by visiting https://vpn.caltech.edu. Enter your access.caltech credentials when prompted. For more information on installing and using the Caltech VPN client, use the links on the right side of this page. In order to use Caltech VPN, your access.caltech account must be modified to allow access.
If you haven't already signed up for VPN access, go to http://help.caltech.edu to request VPN service. Select request type IMSS-->Network, Wireless & Remote Access-->VPN Request Form.