Office Online is supported on the latest browsers and does not require additional software, however if you need to locally install Office on your computer, you can download Microsoft Office from http://software.caltech.edu (Caltech credentials and network connection required).
You can also download client software through the Office 365 portal. Note that you must first have Office 365 services activated for your account before doing the following:
- After logging in to Office 365, click on the Settings wheel at the top right of the menu ribbon
- Select Office 365 Settings
- On the next page, on the left-hand menu, select Software (Install and Manage Software)
- You will be given the option to download the appropriate version of Microsoft Office for your operating system
- Click the Install button to begin the download and theninstall the software as prompted
- NOTE: Mac users can also download the latest Outlook for Mac from this page.(The previous version, Outlook 2011 for Mac, is included in the Office 2011 for Mac download from http://software.caltech.edu.)